What are 10 surprises you will find in these Center-Consoles?
Anglers, What’s Within That Center-Console Boat? 10 Surprises in these boat models we love.
A center console boat has a helm station mounted near the center of the boat. They are generally open and have a variety of propulsion systems. Generally, it will be an outboard engine. (for workaround boats check out the article here)
Why buy a Center-Console?
They are great for fishing (for obvious reasons) as they maximize deck space. They also work well for families with their shade producing T-top and running space for kids or to pull them around with tow-toys. Did we mention that Center-Consoles are cheaper because they don’t have a cabin? They are also lighter so they can perform better with the same horsepower.
Interesting Center-Console Boat Models
In the past, center-console (CC) boats were pretty small. They even had one engine only. Beneath that console were just batteries and wiring (and your fishing hooks). Nowadays, CC boats will have more variety.
Part of the change has come simply because center-console boats have gotten much bigger. So with twin, triple, and even quadruple outboards, air-conditioning, and a host of other amenities you will be surprised. All that would have been unheard of even a decade ago. With the increase in size comes an increase in space under the console, and that has given boat builders the flexibility to innovate in that space.
Hold on, before you get excited about buying a used boat, make sure to check its boat-alert.com history on the HIN number.
These are some of the coolest features that grabbed the attention many people recently:
- The Chris-Craft Catalina 34 has lots of light and impressive amenities
- The Chris-Craft Catalina 34 has a horizontal window of the sunpad
- The Cobia 296 CC has a big stand-up head compartment for a 30ft boat
- porta-potties and even toilets plumbed to holding tanks
- The Cobia 296 has a small vanity with a sink, pressure water, and stowage drawers underneath.
- The Vanquish 24 comes with inboard power and a good-looking, outboard-free transom. This gives fuel efficiency and a low center of gravity.
The 4200 Siesta is a beefy offshore CC boat that can be powered by a bunch of different outboard configurations and has over six feet of headroom. It also has plenty of warm-looking wood surfaces.
Other Awesome CC boat features
Some boats will have large livewell tanks so you can transport live aquatic animals or fish bait. (14-40 gallons!) The Everglades 435 CC is huge at 45ft and has quad Yamaha 300- or 350-hp engines. To run those engines they built in a 570 gallons tank. Did you know it has a full Queen size bed that converts to a couch?
Added navigation gear should be expected but many of the new center consoles come with a dashboard so large you can fit multiple electronics.
we won’t get into too much luxury here but some have air-conditioning, a 19″ flat-screen TV with DVD, a porcelain toilet, a refrigerator, hot and cold running water, and a microwave.
On the simpler side, Catalina 34 has a narrow window for letting light in.
The Aquasport 2500 CC has a Kevlar-reinforced hull and the 240 Dauntless center console boat offers ergonomically designed seating.
For the family of fishermen, the Robalo R230 features vertical storage for six fishing rods and four gunwale-mounted stainless-steel rod holders.
Read Related Articles:
- California Boat Registration
- Does a Boat have a VIN Number? (EXPLAINED)
- What you need to know about Boat Ownership and Registration | Boat Licenses in the USA
- What are Bowrider Boats – Overview of Bowrider Boats
- When should you report a Boat Accident? | Submit this boat accident report (BAR)
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and lookup hull ID boat ownership visit: www.Boat-Alert.com