Nevada Boat Registration
Nevada Boat Registration History Report
Nevada boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Nevada. We also cover the titling fees if applicable.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in Nevada and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boats in Nevada along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in NV.
Where are Nevada Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Nevada issues both registrations and titles for all non-exempt boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the NV STATE Department of Wildlife (NDOW) in Reno. This state does not issue titles or registrations for outboard motors but note that Boat trailer registration and titling would be mandatory.
Did you know that 40,000 boats registered in the State of Nevada make up 0.3% of all USA vessel registrations?
Nevada Boat Registration Numbers
Nevada boat registration numbers begin with a “NV“. The NV designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the NV boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “NVZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in Nevada unless there is a discrepancy. (use HinDecoder.com to validate your HIN formatting is good)
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Nevada
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded with the Department of Wildlife in NV. These will be shown on both the registration and title certificates if there are any. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Nevada Boat Title Search
Boat title and registration records in Nevada are maintained by the Department of Wildlife . This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website but you can search the boat-alert.com database.
Nevada Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 70+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Nevada
- REQUIRED: Yes EFFECTIVE DATE : 1/1/1972
- VESSEL TYPES: Any vessel that is required to be registered must be titled, even if titled in different state.
- EXEMPTIONS: Documented vessels, lifeboats and government boats
- FEES: All titling fees are $20, Application Fee: $1
- DUPLICATE FEE: $20
- TRANSFER FEE: $20
- VESSEL TYPES: Any motorized vessel
- EXEMPTIONS: None, exempt boats – Law Enforcement, Search and Rescue, other government agencies get exempt boat numbers so they get titled and registered but at no fee.
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: Yes
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 90 days
- FEES: Less than 13 feet $20 13 feet or more but less than 18 $25 18 feet or more but less than 22 $40 22 feet or more but less than 26 $55 26 feet or more but less than 31 $75 31 feet or more $100
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $0
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: $20
- TRANSFER FEE: Included with the title transfer fee
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Nevada
- boat title search NV
- Nevada boat registration number lookup website
- boat title lien search service in Nevada
- Nevada boat title search by hull number
- check a boat’s title problems online
- find a boat registration search service in Nevada
- find boat Nevada titles from HIN Number
- free vessel registration title search for Nevada
- how to check boat registration numbers In Nevada
- vessel registration and HIN search in Nevada
- Where are Nevada Vessels Registered
- Nevada Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Liens Database In Nevada
- Boat Nevada Lookup
- Boat title and registration records in #Nevada
- Boat Title Searches in NV
- boat vin check
- boat hin lookup
Read Related Articles:
- How To Choose a Life Jacket For Your Boating Trips | All About PFDs
- How to Register a Boat in New Brunswick | Vessel Licensing and Registration in New Brunswick
- Nebraska Boat Registration
- Puerto Rico Boat Registration
- Connecticut Boat Registration
#BoatVINCheck #BoatTitle #Registration #BoatFees #BoatHistory #BoatAlert #BoatLien #OMVC #DNR #StolenBoat #DMV #BMV #BoatHINLookup
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and search boats visit: www.Boat-Alert.com