Arkansas Boat Registration
Arkansas Boat Registration History Report
Arkansas boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Arkansas.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boats in Arkansas along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in AR.
Where are Arkansas Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Arkansas issues both registrations and titles for all non-exempt boats 2020 and newer only. older boats just get registration but no titles These are administered by the AR Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) through its Office of Motor Vehicles in Little Rock. This state does not issue titles or registrations for outboard motors but note that Boat trailer registration is available.
Did you know that boats 160,000 registered in the State of Arkansas make up 1.8% of all USA vessel registrations?
Arkansas Boat Registration Numbers
Arkansas boat registration numbers begin with a “AR“. The AR designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the AR boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “ARZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in Arkansas unless there is a discrepancy.Order custom Vinyl registration Decal from ebay
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Arkansas
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded with the DFA in AR. These will be shown on both the registration and title certificates if there are any. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Arkansas Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in Arkansas are maintained by the DFA. This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website.
Arkansas Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 68+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Arkansas
- REQUIRED: No EFFECTIVE DATE : 7/1/19
- VESSEL TYPES: N/A – Vessels required to be registered are: A. All vessels that are propelled by sail or machinery of any type are subject to registration with the following exceptions: 1. Vessels documented by the US Coast Guard. 2. Vessels owned by the United States, Canada or subdivision thereof. 3. Ships’ lifeboats.
- EXEMPTIONS: See question 23.
- FEES: Watercraft is registered only, but not titled in Arkansas. Registration fees for three-year are as follows: Vessels less than 16 feet – $7.50 Vessels 16 feet to less than 26 feet – $15 Vessels 26 feet to less than 40 feet – $51.00 Vessels 40 feet or more – $105.00
- DUPLICATE FEE: N/A
- TRANSFER FEE: See Question 11.
- VESSEL TYPES: See question 23.
- EXEMPTIONS: See question 23.
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: No
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 30 days.
- FEES: The above stated fees shall also apply to livery boats.
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $1
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: $1
- TRANSFER FEE: $2
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Arkansas,
- Arkansas boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in Arkansas
- Arkansas boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in Arkansas,
- find boat Arkansas titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for Arkansas,
- how to check boat registration numbers In Arkansas,
- vessel registration and HIN search in Arkansas,
- Where are Arkansas Vessels Registered,
- Arkansas Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In Arkansas,
- Boat Arkansas Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in Arkansas,
- Boat Title Searches in AR
Read Related Articles:
- All About Jet Boards | What is a Jet Board?
- Boat-Alert.com Featured on Fox, CBS, and USA Today!
- New Hampshire Boat Registration
- Boating Basics Glossary of Nautical Terms
- Vessel Research Handbook
To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat hin number check for free visit: www.Boat-Alert.com