New Hampshire Boat Registration
New Hampshire Boat Registration History Report
New Hampshire boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of New Hampshire.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boat in New Hampshire along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in NH.
Where are New Hampshire Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. New Hampshire issues only registrations and not titles for boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the NH STATE Department of safety division of motor vehicles (NH DOS DMV) in Concord. Boat trailer registration is required in New Hampshire and titles are required for those weighing over 3,000 lbs. are required for those weighing over 3,000 lbs..
Did you know that 96,000 boats registered in the State of New Hampshire make up 0.8% of all USA vessel registrations?
New Hampshire Boat Registration Numbers
New Hampshire boat registration numbers begin with a “NH“. The NH designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the NH boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “NHZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in New Hampshire unless there is a discrepancy.Order custom Vinyl registration Decal from ebay
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In New Hampshire
Security interests in are not recoded because this state does not issue titles yet. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
New Hampshire Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in New Hampshire are maintained by the Division of Motor Vehicles (DOS DMV). This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website.
New Hampshire Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 68+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in New Hampshire
- REQUIRED: No
- EFFECTIVE DATE :
- VESSEL TYPES:
- EXEMPTIONS: All
- FEES: N/A
- DUPLICATE FEE: N/A
- TRANSFER FEE: N/A
- VESSEL TYPES: all motorized vessels and sailboats >12′
- EXEMPTIONS: Manually propelled, US Gov’t owner, valid registration in another state if in NH waters less than 30 days,
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: Yes
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- FEES: $10-$300 depending on size and type of vessel http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXII/270-E/270-E-5.htm http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/V/72-A/72-A-3.htm
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $15
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: $3
- TRANSFER FEE: $3
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in New Hampshire,
- New Hampshire boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in New Hampshire,
- find boat New Hampshire titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for New Hampshire,
- how to check boat registration numbers In New Hampshire,
- vessel registration and HIN search in New Hampshire,
- Where are New Hampshire Vessels Registered,
- New Hampshire Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In New Hampshire,
- Boat New Hampshire Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in New Hampshire,
- Boat Title Searches in NH
Read Related Articles:
- Boating Education Requirements in each US State
- All About Jet Boards | What is a Jet Board?
- This is the Best Boat Buying Guide
- What are Bowrider Boats – Overview of Bowrider Boats
- Press Release: Boat-Alert.com HIN Number Search Reports Now Cover CANADA Registration Checks!
To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat hull id number visit: www.Boat-Alert.com