Oregon Boat Registration
Oregon Boat Registration History Report
Oregon boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Oregon. We also cover the titling fees if applicable.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boats in Oregon along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in OR.
Where are Oregon Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Oregon issues both registrations and titles for all non-exempt boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the Oregon State Marine Board (OSMB) in Salem. Boat trailer registration and titling are required for those weighing over 1,800 lbs. It is optional for those weighing less.
Did you know that 160,000 boats registered in the State of Oregon make up 1.4% of all USA vessel registrations?
For more boating statistics see: Volume of Recreational boating vessels in the U.S.
Oregon Boat Registration Numbers
Oregon boat registration numbers begin with a “OR”. The OR designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above, if your boat is not documented at the USCG. Put the OR boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “ORZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in Oregon unless there is a discrepancy. (use HinDecoder.com to validate your HIN formatting is good)
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Oregon
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded with the Oregon Marine Board in Salem, OR. These will be shown on both the registration and title certificates if there are any. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Oregon Boat Title Search
Boat title and registration records in Oregon are maintained by the OSMB. This agency does facilitate online searches on their website but you can search the boat-alert.com database as well.
Oregon Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 70+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Oregon
- REQUIRED: Yes EFFECTIVE DATE : 1/1/1959
- VESSEL TYPES: All motorboats, regardless of length and sailboats 12 feet.
- EXEMPTIONS: USCG Documented recreationally endorsed pay registration only.
- FEES: Initial, Transfer = $75
- DUPLICATE FEE: Replacement Title, No Changes = $25
- TRANSFER FEE: Oregon Title Transfer = $75
- VESSEL TYPES: All motorboats regardless of length, sailboats 12 feet or longer in length and US Coast Guard Documented vessels recreationally endorsed.
- EXEMPTIONS: Federal, State, County and City owned, used for business purposes. University, College and eleemosynary organizations. Boats owned by harbors or utility companies used strictly for maintenance of bridges, power lines or docks.
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: Yes, for pleasure use
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 60 consecutive days
- FEES: $5.95 per foot, rounded up with any additional inch, plus $5. Ex. 15 ft 1 in boat = $100.20
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: Replacement registration with or without decals = $15
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE:
- TRANSFER FEE: No fee if current. When Oregon title transfer is completed a Certificate of Number is printed for no additional cost other than the title fee.
- LATE FEE: Oregon Title Transfer Late Fee, if application submitted more than 30 days from the release by the prior owner= $25
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Oregon
- boat title search OR
- Oregon boat registration number lookup website
- boat title lien search service in Oregon
- Oregon boat title search by hull number
- check a boat’s title problems online
- find a boat registration search service in Oregon
- find boat Oregon titles from HIN Number
- free vessel registration title search for Oregon
- how to check boat registration numbers In Oregon
- vessel registration and HIN search in Oregon
- Where are Oregon Vessels Registered
- Oregon Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Liens Database In Oregon
- Boat Oregon Lookup
- Boat title and registration records in #Oregon
- Boat Title Searches in OR
- boat vin check
- boat hin lookup
Read Related Articles:
- Alaska Boat Registration: All you need to know Now
- Top 7 Boats Buying Strategies | Boat Buying Secrets
- How boat buying will change in 10 Years
- Searay BoatAlert History Report by Hull ID
- Mississippi Boat Registration
#BoatVINCheck #BoatTitle #Registration #BoatFees #BoatHistory #BoatAlert #BoatLien #OMVC #DNR #StolenBoat #DMV #BMV #BoatHINLookup
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat check visit: www.Boat-Alert.com