Maine Boat Registration
Maine Boat Registration History Report
Maine boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Wyoming.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boat in Maine along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in ME.
Where are Maine Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Maine issues registrations and not titles for all non-exempt boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the ME STATE Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife (MDIFW) in Augusta. This state does not issue titles or registrations for outboard motors but note that Boat trailer registration and titling would be mandatory for those weighing over 3,000 lbs.
Did you know that boats registered in the State of Maine make up 1% of all USA vessel registrations?
Maine Boat Registration Numbers
Maine boat registration numbers begin with a “ME”. The ME designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the WY boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “MEZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in Maine unless there is a discrepancy.
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Maine
Security interests in Maine are not on boat titles (there are none) therefore security interests in non-documented boats are recorded through Uniform Commercial Code filings. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Maine Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in Maine are maintained by the Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife. This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website but you can renew online here.
Maine Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 53+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Maine
- REQUIRED: N/A EFFECTIVE DATE :
- VESSEL TYPES: N/A
- EXEMPTIONS: N/A
- FEES: N/A
- DUPLICATE FEE: N/A
- TRANSFER FEE: N/A
- VESSEL TYPES: All motorboats of any size, including airmobiles and personal watercraft
- EXEMPTIONS: Documented vessels Vessels registered in another state Military or public watercraft Government watercraft Ship’s lifeboat Foreign documented vessels Motorboats used exclusively for racing purposes
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: No
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 60 days
- FEES: $36 but depends on horsepower (reference)
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $1
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE:
- TRANSFER FEE:
- LATE FEE:
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Maine,
- Maine boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in Maine
- Maine boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in Maine,
- find boat Maine titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for Maine,
- how to check boat registration numbers In Maine,
- vessel registration and HIN search in Maine,
- Where are Maine Vessels Registered,
- Maine Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In Maine,
- Boat Maine Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in #Maine,
- Boat Title Searches in WY
Read Related Articles:
- What are 10 surprises you will find in these Center-Consoles?
- How Do You Read a Hull ID Number (HIN)?
- What is a Boat Transcript of Registry? | Canadian Vessel Transcripts Explained
- Ask the Boat Dealer these 10 questions before you buy it
- How to Register a Boat in Ontario | Vessel Licensing and Registration in Ontario
#BoatVINCheck #BoatTitle #Registration #BoatFees #BoatHistory #BoatAlert #BoatLien #OMVC #DNR #StolenBoat #DMV #BMV #BoatHINLookup
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and free boat history report visit: www.Boat-Alert.com