North Dakota Boat Registration
Table of Contents
North Dakota Boat Registration History Report
North Dakota boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of North Dakota.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boat in North Dakota along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in ND.
Where are North Dakota Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. North Dakota issues registrations only (not titles) for boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the ND STATE Game and Fish Department (NDGF) in Bismarck. This state does not issue titles or registrations for outboard motors and boat trailers.
Did you know that 56,000 boats registered in the State of North Dakota make up 0.6% of all USA vessel registrations?
North Dakota Boat Registration Numbers
North Dakota boat registration numbers begin with a “ND”. The ND designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the ND boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “NDZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in North Dakota unless there is a discrepancy.
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In North Dakota
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded on the title but since ND does not issue titles, then security interests in boats that are then found in the USCG documented vessels or are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
North Dakota Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in North Dakota are maintained by the Department of Game and Fish. This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website.
North Dakota Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 68+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in North Dakota
- REQUIRED: No
- EFFECTIVE DATE :
- VESSEL TYPES:
- EXEMPTIONS: ND Doesn’t title watercraft
- FEES: ND Doesn’t title watercraft
- DUPLICATE FEE: ND Doesn’t title watercraft
- TRANSFER FEE: ND Doesn’t title watercraft
- VESSEL TYPES: all vessels powered by a motor
- EXEMPTIONS: any vessels not powered by motor
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: Yes
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: no specific time limit. vessel needs to be registered in whatever state it is used the most
- FEES: ND does not tile watercraft, we provide watercraft registrations only. The fee is a pro-rated 3-year rate at follows; 3-year rate for boats less than 16 feet long or canoes $18.00 3-year rate for boats 16 feet to less than 20 feet $36.00 3-year rate for boats 20 feet and longer $45.00
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: No fee for duplicate registration
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: Fees for duplicate decals are the same as question #15 above
- TRANSFER FEE: Same as question #15 above
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in North Dakota,
- North Dakota boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in North Dakota
- North Dakota boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in North Dakota,
- find boat North Dakota titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for North Dakota,
- how to check boat registration numbers In North Dakota,
- vessel registration and HIN search in North Dakota,
- Where are North Dakota Vessels Registered,
- North Dakota Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In North Dakota,
- Boat North Dakota Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in #NorthDakota,
- Boat Title Searches in ND
Read Related Articles:
- Discontinued Boat Manufacturers List
- Different Kinds of Boat Surveys [Ultimate List]
- How to Sell a Boat On Facebook Marketplace?
- UCC Filings Search – Every State
- Hidden Perils of Insurance Total Loss Payouts on Sunk Boats
#BoatVINCheck #BoatTitle #Registration #BoatFees #BoatHistory #BoatAlert #BoatLien #OMVC #DNR #StolenBoat #DMV #BMV #BoatHINLookup
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat hull numbers search online visit: www.Boat-Alert.com