Nebraska Boat Registration
Nebraska Boat Registration History Report
Nebraska boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Nebraska.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boat in Nebraska along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in NB.
Where are Nebraska Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Nebraska issues both registrations and titles for all non-exempt boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the NB STATE Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Lincoln. This state does not issue titles or registrations for outboard motors but note that Boat trailer registration and titling would be mandatory for those weighing over 9,000 lbs. The DMV also has a policy for branding titles where a boat has been salvaged and restored subsequent to a total loss insurance settlement.
Did you know that 78,000 boats registered in the State of Nebraska make up 0.8% of all USA vessel registrations?
Nebraska Boat Registration Numbers
Nebraska boat registration numbers begin with a “NB”. The NB designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the NB boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “NBZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in Nebraska unless there is a discrepancy.
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Nebraska
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded with the Department of Motor Vehicles in Nebraska. These will be shown on both the registration and title certificates if there are any. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Nebraska Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in Nebraska are maintained by the Department of Licensing. This agency does facilitate online searches on their website.
Nebraska Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 68+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Nebraska
- REQUIRED: Yes EFFECTIVE DATE : 1/1/97
- VESSEL TYPES: Any powered vessel newer than a 1972
- EXEMPTIONS: Government and USCG documented vessels
- FEES: Title: $10. Lien notation: $7. Duplicate title: $14.
- DUPLICATE FEE: $14
- TRANSFER FEE: $10
- VESSEL TYPES: any vessel powered by gas, diesel, or electric motor. optional registration for non-powered vessels
- EXEMPTIONS: Government, human powered, USCG documented
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: No
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 30 days
- FEES: Vessels less than 16 feet in length and all canoes regardless of length $23.00* Vessels 16 feet or over but less than 26 feet in length $46.00* Vessels 26 feet or over but less than 40 feet in length $67.50* Vessels 40 feet in length and over $115.00* Dealers or manufacturers of motorboats for demonstration or testing purposes $46.00* Duplicate To replace a lost or destroyed certificate $5.00*
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $5
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: $0
- TRANSFER FEE: depends on the length, see above
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Nebraska,
- Nebraska boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in Nebraska
- Nebraska boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in Nebraska,
- find boat Nebraska titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for Nebraska,
- how to check boat registration numbers In Nebraska,
- vessel registration and HIN search in Nebraska,
- Where are Nebraska Vessels Registered,
- Nebraska Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In Nebraska,
- Boat Nebraska Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in #Nebraska,
- Boat Title Searches in NB
Read Related Articles:
- How Do You Read a Hull ID Number (HIN)?
- Kentucky Boat Registration
- South Carolina Boat Registration
- What are Bowrider Boats – Overview of Bowrider Boats
- Houseboats: A Beginner’s Guide | What are houseboats?
#BoatVINCheck #BoatTitle #Registration #BoatFees #BoatHistory #BoatAlert #BoatLien #OMVC #DNR #StolenBoat #DMV #BMV #BoatHINLookup
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat hull id check visit: www.Boat-Alert.com