Missouri Boat Registration
Missouri Boat Registration History Report
Missouri boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Missouri.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boat in Missouri along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in MO.
Where are Missouri Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Missouri issues both registrations and titles for all non-exempt boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the Missouri department of revenue in Jefferson city. Outboard motors are titled and registered in Missouri. Titles and registrations are required for boat trailers.
Did you know that boats registered in the State of Missouri make up 2.4% of all USA vessel registrations?
Missouri Boat Registration Numbers
Missouri boat registration numbers begin with a “MO”. The MO designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the MO boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “MOZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are required in Missouri and so are sales taxes and titling of abandoned boats.
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Missouri
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded with the Motor Vehicle Burau or department of revenue MO. These will be shown on both the registration and title certificates if there are any. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Missouri Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in Missouri are maintained by the DOR. This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website.
Missouri Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 68+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Missouri
- REQUIRED: Yes EFFECTIVE DATE : 1/1/69
- VESSEL TYPES: Motorized vessels or sailboats over 12′ in length.
- EXEMPTIONS: 306.080. Vessels exempt from numbering requirements. A vessel shall not be required to be numbered under this chapter if it is: (1) Already covered by a number in full force and effect which has been awarded to it pursuant to federal law or a federally approved numbering system of another state; except* that the boat shall not have been within this state for a period in excess of sixty consecutive days; (2) A vessel from a country other than the United States using the waters of this state for not more than sixty consecutive days; (3) A vessel whose owner is the United States; (4) A ship’s lifeboat which is used solely for lifesaving purposes; (5) A vessel documented by the United States Coast Guard or any federal successor thereto; or (6) A motorboat designed and intended solely for racing while competing in any race previously approved by the water patrol division in accordance with section 306.130. This exemption shall include operation within a twenty four hour period prior to such approved race in order to test or tune up the motorboat.
- FEES: Vessel Original- $7.50, Outboard motor Original $5.00, Mechanic Lien $10, and Repossession $10…Plus a $6.00 processing fee for each title type
- DUPLICATE FEE: $8.50 plus $6.00 processing fee.
- TRANSFER FEE: Vessel- $7.50 plus $6.00 processing fee. Outboard Motor- $5.00 plus $2.50 processing fee.
- VESSEL TYPES: Same as titling.
- EXEMPTIONS: Same as titling.
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: Yes
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 60 days consecutively.
- FEES: Class A Vessel – $25.00 Class 1 Vessel – $55.00 Class 2 Vessel – $100.00 Class 3 Vessel – $150.00
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $8.50 plus $6.00 processing fee.
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: $8.50 plus $6.00 processing fee.
- TRANSFER FEE: Cannot transfer registration.
- LATE FEE: Yes, $10 every 30 days, maximum of $30.00.
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Missouri,
- Missouri boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in Missouri
- Missouri boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in Missouri,
- find boat Missouri titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for Missouri,
- how to check boat registration numbers In Missouri,
- vessel registration and HIN search in Missouri,
- Where are Missouri Vessels Registered,
- Missouri Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In Missouri,
- Boat Missouri Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in #Missouri,
- Boat Title Searches in MO
Read Related Articles:
- Searay BoatAlert History Report by Hull ID
- Different Kinds of Boat Surveys [Ultimate List]
- Mississippi Boat Registration
- Arkansas Boat Registration
- You want to avoid these Common Mishaps On Boat Trips
#BoatVINCheck #BoatTitle #Registration #BoatFees #BoatHistory #BoatAlert #BoatLien #OMVC #DNR #StolenBoat #DMV #BMV #BoatHINLookup
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boating history visit: www.Boat-Alert.com