Connecticut Boat Registration
Connecticut Boat Registration History Report
Connecticut boat registration FAQs are found below and can be downloaded as PDF. We have written this page to inform the boating community about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Connecticut.
We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency in this state and if you are wondering about Registration and marking requirements we have an overview of that as well. We also talk about Registration Requirements for boat in Connecticut along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens so you can better perform Boat Title Searches or boat history lookups in CT.
Where are Connecticut Boats Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Connecticut issues both registrations and titles for all non-exempt boats operating within its jurisdiction. These are administered by the CT STATE Department of motor vehicle (CT DMV) in Wethersfield. This state does not issue titles or registrations for outboard motors but note that Boat trailer registration and titling would be mandatory for those weighing over 3,000 lbs.
Did you know that 91,000 boats registered in the State of Connecticut make up 0.8% of all USA vessel registrations?
Connecticut Boat Registration Numbers
Connecticut boat registration numbers begin with a “CT”. The CT designation is followed by four numbers and then two letters like in most states. You will have to display these as shown above if your boat is non-documented at the USCG. Put the CT boat registration sticker tab next to it. The state reg. number should not be confused with the 12 character Hull ID (HIN).
All boats manufactured after 1972 are required to have a 12 digit hull identification number affixed to the vessel by the manufacturer. State assigned hull numbers prefixed with the letters “CTZ” are available for home made boats and those without factory designations. Hull number inspections are not required in Connecticut unless there is a discrepancy.Order custom Vinyl registration Decal from ebay
Exceptionally, a Coast Guard documented vessel does not need to display the state registration number but instead they would display the state registration tabs, an owner designated vessel name, and a hailing port. The USCG Official documentation number must also be affixed on other location on the boat: interior location in the hull itself or an integral part of the hull.
Boat Liens Database In Connecticut
Security interests in state titled boats are recorded with the Motor Vehicle Services department in CT. These will be shown on both the registration and title certificates if there are any. Security interests in boats that are neither titled or USCG documented are recorded with the Secretary of State as Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings. If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com.
Tax liens may be flagged on boat registration records, recorded as UCC filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office. There are no provisions for recording mechanic’s liens or other non-secured claims against state titled boats. Uniform Commercial Code searches are available online from the Secretary of State.
Connecticut Boat Registration Number Search Website
Boat title and registration records in Connecticut are maintained by the Department of Vehicles. This agency does not facilitate online searches on their website.
Connecticut Boat Registration Lookup
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 68+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Connecticut
- REQUIRED: Yes EFFECTIVE DATE : 1/1/16
- VESSEL TYPES: Motorboats (including motorized sailing vessels) model year 2017 or newer, and all sailing vessels longer than 19.5 feet that are model year 2017 or newer.
- EXEMPTIONS: Vessels that are not required to be registered are not required to be titled
- FEES: $25 Title, $10 Lien
- DUPLICATE FEE: $25
- TRANSFER FEE: No
- VESSEL TYPES: All motorboats (including motorized sailing vessels), and all sailing vessels longer than 19.5 feet.
- EXEMPTIONS: All manually propelled vessels, and non-motorized sailing vessels less than 19.5 feet in length.
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: Yes
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 60 days
- FEES: From $7.50 (less than 12 ft.) to $525.00 (65 ft. in length or greater), depending on length
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $20
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE: $20
- TRANSFER FEE: No
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Connecticut,
- Connecticut boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in Connecticut
- Connecticut boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in Connecticut,
- find boat Connecticut titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for Connecticut,
- how to check boat registration numbers In Connecticut,
- vessel registration and HIN search in Connecticut,
- Where are Connecticut Vessels Registered,
- Connecticut Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In Connecticut,
- Boat Connecticut Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in Connecticut,
- Boat Title Searches in CT
Read Related Articles:
- Florida Boat Registration
- Alabama Boat Registration
- Oregon Boat Registration
- What is a Boat Transcript of Registry? | Canadian Vessel Transcripts Explained
- All you wanted to know about Hull ID Numbers
To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat hin search visit: www.Boat-Alert.com