Colorado Boat Registration Search
Colorado Boat Registration History Report
Colorado boat registration will be covered below in order to inform the boating public about registration requirements, recording methods, and title search guidelines for the State of Colorado. We will cover information about the Boat Registration Agency and the Registration and marking requirements. We also cover Registration Requirements along with things you need to know about boat Ownership and Liens in this state so you can better perform Boat Title Searches in CO.
Where are Colorado Vessels Registered?
Remember, some states have titling for boats and others do not. Colorado is a “boat registration” only state and does not issue titles. Registration of all non-exempt boats operating in this state are administered by the Parks and Wildlife department (CPW) in Littleton. For the motors, titling and registration is not required in Colorado for outboard boat motors while boat trailers must be both registered and titled with the VIN.
Did you know that 56,000 boats are registered in the State of Colorado?
Can you find boat Colorado titles from the HIN number? or even a free vessel registration search in Colorado? We cover that below.
Colorado Boat Registration Numbers
Not to be confused with the HIN Number, Boat registration numbers in Colorado begin with a “CL” then four numbers and two letters. These Reg. numbers must be displayed on the hull for any non-documented boats (USCG) along with registration sticker tabs.
Order engraved HIN Tag ID Plate from ebay here.
All vessels manufactured after 1972 must have a 12-digit hull identification number affixed to the boat by the original manufacturer. There are sometimes, “State assigned” hull ID’s. This would have the letters “CLZ” because they are home made boats. Get your boat inspected by a Colorado law enforcement official if there is a discrepancy with the hull identification number and check with the Boat Alert support team if you have a hard time reading the HIN or want to know its history.
Boat Liens Database In Colorado
Colorado does not issue boat titles therefore security interests and marine liens would be recorded through Uniform Commercial Code filings. Tax liens are sometimes flagged in the state’s registration database, recorded as Uniform Commercial Code filings, shown on state revenue records, or filed with a county clerk’s office.
If the vessel is USCG documented, a lender’s security interests will be recorded with the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC) and are indexed on the boat’s abstract of title. This is different from state registration lookups and can be ordered at boat-abstract.com
Colorado Boat Registration Number Lookup Website
Boat registration records in Colorado are maintained by the Parks and Wildlife department. They don’t have a website to search HIN number for free but you can get this data in your Boat-Alert.com report.
Where is the Boat History Database?
The Boat-Alert.com database combines 72+ nationwide databases into a single place so you can search in a matter of minutes. These include records for stolen boats, marine lien claims, boating accidents, pollution incidents, auctioned boats, factory recalls, and boat manufacturers.
Titling & Registration Requirements in Colorado
- REQUIRED: No EFFECTIVE DATE :
- VESSEL TYPES: N/A
- EXEMPTIONS: N/A
- FEES: N/A
- DUPLICATE FEE: N/A
- TRANSFER FEE: N/A
- VESSEL TYPES: Any boat with a motor or sail operated in Colorado on any public waters must be registered with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
- EXEMPTIONS: Non-motorized boats without a sail.
- USCG DOCUMENTED VESSELS REQUIRED: No
- NUMBER OF DAYS BEFORE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: 60 days
- FEES: (b) In addition to the foregoing fees, there shall be an inspection fee of twenty-five dollars ($25) for all homemade boats which require a hull identification number.
- DUPLICATE REGISTRATION FEE: $5.00
- DUPLICATE DECAL FEE:
- TRANSFER FEE: No
- LATE FEE: No
Incoming Search Words:
- boat HIN search title report in Colorado,
- Colorado boat registration number lookup website,
- boat title lien search service in Colorado,
- Colorado boat title search by hull number,
- check a boats title problems online,
- find a boat registration search service in Colorado,
- find boat Colorado titles from HIN Number,
- free vessel registration title search for Colorado,
- how to check boat registration numbers In Colorado,
- vessel registration and HIN search in Colorado,
- Where are Colorado Vessels Registered,
- Colorado Boat Registration Numbers,
- Boat Liens Database In Colorado,
- Colorado Boat Registration Lookup,
- Boat title and registration records in Colorado,
- Boat Title Searches in CO
Categories:To learn more about Boat-Alert.com History Reports for used boats and boat identification numbers visit: www.Boat-Alert.com